Pearl S. Buck Writing Center
2017 SHORT STORY Writing Contest
Short Story Submission Form
CHECK AGE CATEGORY: Grades 3-6 _____Grades 7-12 _____ Adult ______
- Attach or include author’s BIOGRAPHY of 50 words or less after the story.
- Story must be original and not previously published. See word limit on Rules page.
- Stories must be submitted typed, #12- Times New Roman font, double spaced.
- Winners may be asked to re-submit their stories for publication on the Pearl S. Buck Writing Center’s Blog Site or in its Literary Journal.
- Pearl S. Buck Volunteer Association and PSB Writing Center retains the rights to publish with author credit.
- Entries must be received by April 15, 2017 to ~ email@example.com
- Contest Winners will be announced at Pearl S. Buck ‘s 125th Memorial Birthday Party ~ June 26, 2017
- Each submission will be acknowledged by a return email from Cindy Louden
Contest IS open to PSB Writing Center members. Contest not open to PSBI staff or PSBVA volunteers.
I agree to the terms of this Pearl S. Buck Writing Center’s
Short Story Writing Contest ________________________________________
Writer’s email address_______________________Date submitted__________
If writer is under 18, please have a parent or guardian fill out the permission below.
Print Parent/Guardian Name ____________________Phone # ______________
Print Parent/Guardian email________________________________________
The Pearl S. Buck Short Story Writing Contest is sponsored by
the Pearl S. Buck Volunteer Association & the Pearl S. Buck Writing Center
Cynthia L. Louden, Chair 267-421-6203 firstname.lastname@example.org